Most people don’t think about their heating or cooling needs until something breaks down and they need to call a good HVAC company to get it repaired. Instead, it’s a good idea to keep the number of a good HVAC contractor in your phone so that you can call them for installation, repairs and servicing. Remember that it’s very important to get your system serviced regularly. This will ensure that your heating and cooling doesn’t break down, leaving you in the lurch at a time when the temperature is extreme. Here are certain things to keep in mind:
- Is your HVAC system making any strange noises? If there seems to be a strange whirring or banging sound coming from your HVAC system, don’t ignore it. Call your HVAC contractor right away, and get on top of things before anything gets worse.
- Is there a strange smell coming from your air ducts? Another sign that something is going wrong is that there is a strange smell in your home. This could mean that there is a gas leak in your air conditioner or there could be some other problem. Either way, it’s good to call your HVAC contractor and get it fixed right away.
- Can you remember the last time your HVAC system was serviced? If you can’t remember when you got this done, then it’s probably been more than six months. It’s good to get servicing done every three months.
- Do you have to keep turning your AC down lower and lower? Or do you have to keep turning your heating on higher and higher to get the same effect? This is a sign that something is slowly going wrong. So call your HVAC contractor.
- Is your electricity bill getting higher and higher? If so, this might indicate that your heating and cooling system is working overtime and using up more energy to give you the same results. Call your HVAC contractor to find out why this is happening, and you might end up having to pay lower bills.
Contact us to learn how to maintain your HVAC system in good working order.